The Geyser Heat Pump utilizes proven refrigerant technology to capture latent heat from the ambient air and transfer it to the geyser water. This is accomplished by utilizing minimal amounts of electricity and Freon gas, along with a high performance fan and a super-efficient compressor.
Refrigerant is used because of its ability to absorb and transfer heat energy.
The fan draws large quantities of warm air through the evaporator coil that acts as a heat collector. The liquid refrigerant inside the evaporator coil absorbs the free ambient heat from the drawn air, changing the liquid refrigerant into gas. The refrigerant gas is then passed through the compressor. The compressor compresses the refrigerant gas to increase its pressure and temperature.
This super-heated gas is then pumped to the heat exchanger. The heat exchanger then transfers the heat from the compressed gas to the incoming geyser water thus increasing the geyser water temperature. The refrigerant gas condenses back into a liquid state and is pumped through the system back to the evaporator coil to repeat the cycle.
The efficiency of the Geyser Heat Pump is measured by the co-efficient of performance (COP) – i.e. the ratio of the input & output of energy. For every unit of electricity the Solar Geyser Heat Pump uses, it produces 4 to 6 units of heat, extracted from the ambient air.
Advantages of a Geyser Heat Pump
- The Geyser Heat Pump heats your geyser to 60ºC with free heat extracted from the ambient air.
- Compared to 3/4kW elements for the standard geyser the Geyser Heat Pump is a very economical and efficient system.
- The electrical power to run a Geyser Heat Pump will only be 0,9kW compared to the 3 or 4kW used by a standard geyser.
- With Solar Geyser you still have standard elements 3/4kW heating the water when there is no sun at night or cloudy days. You still pay electricity at normal geyser rates.
- With a Geyser Heat Pump your electrical account will be less compared to a solar geyser.
What are the benefits?
The Geyser Heat Pump has been designed for easy operation and reliability. The compact Geyser Heat Pump takes up little space and because of the Geyser Heat Pump’s nature, hot water will be available day and night, saving you money 24/7!
Geyser Heat Pump Specifications
GHP 200 litre
GHP 260 litre
|for 1 x 200 litre Geyser|
for 2 x 200 litre Geyser
for 3 x 200 litre Geyser
for 4 x 200 litre Geyser
5 Years on Titanium Heat Exchanger Unit
2 Years on Compressor
1 Year on Complete Pump